Updated 25 April 2022. The latest advice for our school can be found below.
Before you come to school each day
- Continue to follow good hygiene procedures
- Please make sure your child brings their own clean water bottle each day.
- Please make sure they are appropriately dressed - increased ventilation may mean they need an additional layer of clothing during colder months, eg long sleeve vest, long trousers or tights.
Showing symptoms of a respiratory infection
- Children who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and avoid contact with other people.
- Children are no longer advised to test for COVID-19 unless directed by a health professional. If they do test positive they should stay home for 3 days.
- Adults with a positive COVID-19 test should stay at home for 5 days, when they are most infectious.
- Children can come back to school when they no longer have a high temperature and are well enough to attend.
- Asymptomatic testing is no longer recommended in any education setting.
What are we doing in school?
- We are following government advice to maintain enhanced hygiene, appropriate cleaning and good ventilation.
- Children and staff will wash hands and/or use hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day. Lidded bins and tissues are provided throughout school.
- We are participating in a Department for Health and Social Care sponsored study to monitor air quality. This involves the installation of HEPA filtration systems in each classroom and the staffroom.
- CO2 monitors are installed in each classroom.
- We have robust contingency plans in place should we need to re-introduce any new measures in line with changes in government or public health advice.
https://www.bradfordcravenccg.nhs.uk/patients/your-health/childrens-health/ Link to Bradford NHS Booklet Feeling Poorly.