On this page of our website we aim to bring you the latest local, national and international guidance, support and good practice surrounding the COVID19 pandemic.
Before you come to school each day
- Please take your child’s temperature every morning. (normal adult temperature is 37 degrees C and for children and babies around 36.4 degrees C)
- Make sure they wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water before leaving the house.
- Your child should not attend school if they have a high temperature, continuous cough or have lost their sense of taste or smell
- Please make sure your child brings their own clean water bottle each day. They may bring one bag, if needed.
- Your child should come to school dressed in their PE kit on your PE days so you do not need to bring in additional items or get changed.
- Do not bring your child to school if they, or any other member of your household, is showing symptoms - a high temperature, continuous cough or have lost their sense of taste or smell
- In school any pupil or staff member showing symptoms will be sent home and they should request a test: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-for-coronavirus/
- Their household members must isolate for 14 days.
- Household members MUST NOT book a test for themselves unless they develop symptoms
- The rest of their class/bubble DO NOT need to self isolate, unless they develop symptoms
- If the individual tests negative, they can return to school as long as they feel well and their household isolation ends.
- The rest of the class/bubble is sent home and they self isolate for 14 days from last date of contact with the confirmed case.
- Do not book a test unless you develop symptoms.
- Their household members DO NOT need to self isolate - unless that individual develops symptoms
- The confirmed case must stay off school for 10 days and return to school when their bubble reopens.
- School will inform Bradford Council and the Department for Education as per current guidelines. They will assess and advise on further isolation of contacts and any school closure, depending on further confirmed cases.
Staggered start and finish times
- In order to allow each class bubble to keep separate from other children and ensure social distancing of parents/guardians at school drop off and pick up, the following staggered start and finish times will be in place. Please ensure your child is on time for school and that you are on time to pick them up at the end of the day.
- Start time for Years 1 - 6: 8.40am, start time for Reception: 8.45am
- Finish time for surnames A-H: 3.15pm, finish time for surnames I-P: 3.20pm, finish time for surnames Q-Z: 3.25pm
How to enter the school grounds
- In order to stagger the number of people on the school grounds and ensure social distancing, please follow the maps below which show where you enter and leave the school site both at the start and end of the school day. Please note these are different, so please check each map. Please leave promptly and do not remain on site to chat to anyone.
- Please note routes in and out of school may be different during periods of snow and ice.
Completing forms for medicine, absence
- If you need to complete any forms for absence or administration of medicine, these can be completed online via a google form. Please see the Letting the school know tab on this website for the online links. Alternatively we can send you the links via SchoolPing.
- Our school calendar and holiday dates are available via SchoolPing and the website
How will Sunrise and Sunset run?
- In order to reduce mixing of all classes and in line with the government guidance we will be running Sunrise and Sunset as follows:
- Sunrise will be based in the School Hall for all year groups with children in zoned year group areas.
- Sunset for Reception, Years 1, 2, 3 - School Hall. Please pick up from the hall side fire exit. Parents should wait in the lobby entrance and not enter the Hall itself. If you have other children in after school care, please pick up from the Hall first.
- Sunset for Years 4,5,6 - Sunset and Old Library Room. Please drop off and pick up from the Sunset entrance. Please wait in the lobby entrance and do not enter the Sunset room itself.
What are we doing in school?
- Keeping class bubbles separate from each other. Year groups will have separate cloakroom areas and children will remain in their classrooms. Lunchtimes and break times will be staggered and each year group will have their own set of playground resources.
- Enhanced hygiene. Children and staff will wash hands and/or use hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day, in accordance with current government guidelines.
- Enhanced cleaning. Additional cleaning will take place throughout the day in the staffroom and all toilet areas. Our cleaning contractors will ensure high frequency touch areas are thoroughly cleaned each day alongside their normal cleaning regime.
- Resources. Children will have their own set of classroom stationery resources. Other shared resources will be regularly cleaned with Milton or similar. IT equipment shared between classes will be cleaned after each use. Books will be quarantined as per government guidelines before being used by other pupils. Any soft toys, blankets or furnishings will be quarantined after each use, or machine washed at 60 degrees.
- Classroom layouts. Where desks are used they will face forward. Perspex screens are used in circumstances where social distancing cannot be maintained. Surfaces are clear to ensure ease of cleaning and to prevent touching by children.
- Visitors. We are ensuring the only visitors on site are essential and that we can safely accommodate them into our new school layout. At the moment this means that volunteers, volunteer readers, after school sports club providers and peripatetic music teachers will not be able to come into school. Where possible any essential contractors will only attend site out of school hours.