At Burley and Woodhead CE Primary School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all children and adults. We expect everyone in our community to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed here.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies, when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Mrs Joanne Siddall (Headteacher).
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
Mrs Sally Hughes (Learning Mentor) and
Mrs Fiona Parker (Online Safety Coordinator).
The Governor with responsibility for safeguarding in our school in Adam Cobb Webb.
If you have an urgent concern about a child, or you need advice or information, you can call the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you think a child is in immediate danger, do not delay - call the police on 999.
If you have any Safeguarding concerns you can contact the school's safeguarding team by
- clicking on the Whisper reporting tool button below
- by visiting: www.swgflwhisper.org.uk/report/bur
- by texting BUR + your message to 078600 21584
WHAT WE DO:
In our school we safeguard children by:
- creating a safe environment for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices.
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice.
- teaching children and young people about staying safe.
- maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
- We are part of the Bradford-wide Operation Encompass scheme, to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in a domestic abuse incident. More details on the scheme can be accessed here.