The School Council discusses and makes decisions on a range of issues of importance to the children, including playtime activities and the development of the school grounds. Pupils from Year 2 upwards are elected annually to become School Councillors. The Council meets fortnightly and is run by an executive committee.
There are four School Houses to which children are allocated when they join school. Siblings are placed in the same house. Our Houses take their names from planets:
SCHOOL COUNCIL TERM 1 UPDATE - December2016
The school council is a representative group of students who have been proposed and elected by their peers to represent their views and raise issues with the senior managers and governors of their school.
This half term our school council have been very busy …..
- Making the school aware of fair trade and its benefits to producers. We are working towards a “FAIRAWARE AWARD” for the school.
- Run a Fairaware POSTER COMPETITION in school and put the winning posters up round our community.
- Introducing PLAY LEADERS to the playground at lunch time to teach the children games that don’t involve equipment.
- Decided as a school council how best to use the kind donation of £100 from Mrs Hood. We choose a charity called DEKI who fund entrepreneurs in the third world, helping them start or grow their own businesses so they can provide for their families.
- Created new “HAND WASHING SIGNS” to encourage better hygiene in school.